CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Furniture! Woo Hoo!!!

Before:

So we finally broke down and bought a new couch and chair for the family room. (See the Before and After pictures.) We've had the blue set for about 13 years. It's still very comfy (just ask Derek how many times a week I fall asleep on it!), but it was time for a change. We've been looking for a while but haven't had much luck finding something we both really like. That all changed a couple of weeks ago when we stopped at San Francisco Design to check out their sale. We found a leather recliner we both fell in love with, so we bought it that day. We saw two sectional couches we liked and both were within our price range. One was available in leather or microfiber, but it was too similar in shape to our blue set, and the microfiber would have to be a special order and could have taken 6-8 months! The other was only available in leather, but we really liked its lines and it was manufactured by the same company (Natuzzi) as our recliner. The new recliner and sofa look GREAT in the family room. We can't believe how much bigger the room looks and feels. The only bad thing --- the couch was delivered five days ago, and I've already fallen asleep on it three of the past five nights! Derek hates me.


After:

The small ottoman we already had even matches fairly well . . . bonus!

See the below slide show for pictures of the recliner and the new photo we bought at this year's Park City Arts Festival. It's entitled "Homage to Monet 3: Floating Into The Light" (water lilies and reflection of fall colors in a lake). We decided to hang it over the stairs to the basement . . . it looks very striking against our purple wall. Love it!!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

I LOVE IT!!! It looks so modern, but still warm and inviting. Great choice!

Tamera said...

It's just beautiful! I absolutely love what you've chosen. It looks updated and comfortable. I'm glad you are so happy with it.

codymegan said...

This looks awesome - I like your taste!

Denice said...

I LOVE it Michelle and Derek! It looks so crisp and modern. I will definately have to come see it and try it out during the next visit. :)

Cindi said...

That is awesome! Those old blues have seen many a house :) I can't believe how your great room has changed. VERY NICE :)

codymegan said...

You've been tagged! You'll have to go to my blog to see the rules.